Tony's Tuna International, catches, ranches, and processes fresh and ultra low temperature frozen southern Bluefin tuna without requiring external contractors or assistance. Managing the entire process continues to allow flexibility in the type and style of products Tony’s Tuna International can produce. As a result we have always been able to meet the various product specification required by our customers.
Fresh Southern Bluefin Tuna
Located on the shores of Port Lincoln in close proximity to the ranch pens means Tony’s Tuna is the freshest and the best. Harvested on demand, the fish are delivered to the shore for processing within an hour of being caught. Our harvest technique reduces stress on both the tuna caught and those remaining in the pen.
- Fresh processed Gilled and Gutted(Head on or Head off)
- Fresh processed in fillets or loins resulting in a better flavour, texture and freshness all round.
Frozen Southern Bluefin Tuna
Tony's Tuna ultra low freezing facility is the only -65°C self contained facility in the Southern Hemisphere for the freezing of Southern Bluefin tuna. Most SBT is frozen to -55°C, whereas research has proven that the colder freezer will allow the fish to keep high quality for longer periods. Our freezing of 10-12 hours to reach a fish core
temperature of -65°C has shown to be ideal for the quality of continued freshness of the fish, as demonstrated when the tuna is defrosted.
- Frozen processed Gilled and Gutted (Head on or Head off)
- Frozen processed in fillets or loins
- Further frozen processing can be arranged, either at Port Lincoln, or in Japan.